- The premier consulting firm in New Jersey
- Geographical areas serviced: New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania
- M.B.E./D.B.E. Professional Services
TURTLE BACK ZOO UTILITIES
(Owner: Essex County Department of Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Affairs)
|The Turtle Back Zoo in West Orange, New Jersey, was conceived as a children's zoo. Since it's opening in 1963, the zoo has expanded in such a way that it lacked a central theme. Therefore, a new Master Plan was developed which called for large exhibits of wildlife native to New Jersey in their natural habitat.|
On behalf of the Essex County Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs, the Principals of BET Consultants performed utilities planning, design and site development for the expansion of the zoo.
The following professional services were performed:
- Subsurface investigation in the area of the proposed improvements
- Topographic surveys and mapping of the zoo at a scale of 1" = 20'
- Site design, including surface drainage and soil erosion plans
- Design of utilities, including electrical, mechanical, gas, water, sanitary and storm sewer, and telephone
- Preparation of specifications, cost estimates and contract documents
- Project administration during the bidding phase
- Construction inspection during the construction phase